Monday 7 January 2008

New Year

*This new blog post is brought to you by "I can't seem to sleep" and "Ch4's Half a Ton Mum, is what I now look like after festive eating*

With the new year already on the way, I wonder if bad habbits can be broken, and I can retrain myself to be a "better" or should I say a harder working law student. I haven't slept. Bad me for going to bed at 4:30am, but it was all a bit difficult to feel tired when I had only woken at 5pm yesterday (being over abusive of alcohol makes me sleep long time) So today I shall just have to start my "fresh" academic year with no sleep, which will mean that I will fall asleep at 5pm this evening, and not wake up until 5am tomorrow morning.

I didn't do any work over the holidays (love calling it the holidays so PC and secular, if there were a religion that had greed as a forefront commandment then I sure did celebrate it on the 25th of last month) . I did however manage to spent a few hours filing my notes.. with pretty page divider and new stationery that I bought from WHSMITH ( that came to a total of about £30 - on overpriced pieces of plastic shit)

I haven't read anyones blog over the holidays (apologies to Michael and LawMinx my exclusive readers) and obviously I haven't blogged either over the holidays as I was too busy getting fat, and being drunk. (What else are the holidays for?)

Hope you all had a nice relaxing couple of weeks and here is to a new year!

P.S Does anyone know how you address a female judge in a letter? if her title is HHR, then I gather I would address it to "Dear Your Honour Jo Blogs?"

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LLLS,

Happy New Year!! Glad to see you had a wonderful time over the holidays!
(EWW did you SEE Half Ton Mum?!I didnt know whether to be embarrased and sorry for for the poor woman or to be absolutely disgusted)
Bad study habits can most definately be broken - the fact that you've spent some time getting your notes together is testimony for that potential.
Gawd, don't worry about lack of blogging- the beauty of this format is that you blog as and when you please, not to please your readers!( besides its much nicer to stuff yourself to a standstill in the company of your nearest and dearest and get over the effects of bieng at University for a term - you know, the constant cough/cold/zits/dark circles under eyes/ENORMOUS pile of dirty washing/ lack of ProPlus/the sheer luxury of not having to eat tinned spaghetti or baked beans for 3 weeks...

PS: I would be inclined to address a female judge in a letter as " Dear Madam"; " Dear Judge" would be a little too informal...

Bar or Bust said...

I too saw half ton mum and although yes it was truely shocking, it was also very sad that those two children lost their mother.

On another note, really like the blog and have added you to my blawg roll. Pop by and have a read and comment if you feel like it.

P.S whic are the blogs that use flowery language and make other students feel they don't cut the mustard? (I've read your other posts)

Anonymous said...

Mine, probably.....!