Monday 19 November 2007

Work

So whilst I spent last week mostly on mooting, and the week before was reading week, I have done no work my other subjects.

I stayed in bed for most of reading week because I could not be bothered to move and had no money to go out, what else is one supposed to do on reading week. I could have gone home however each day I was determined that when I woke up I would go and do some work however the temptations of my bed were too much.

Last week I spent a 24 hour stint on mooting and then the next day frantically trying to get it all organised and done with into a semi formal speech relying on my points, so that was about 28 hours on mooting. Only to have it fall flat on my face within the first minute, I decided to take Friday off and do nothing apart from go to a Criminology lecture which was sort of interesting I was more pissed off that I thought it was about police powers but it turned out that I had missed that lecture the week before.

So I am currrently stuck with an EU essay to do, obviously the most boring of a subject, so glad we only have it till december, I wouldn't touch EU law with a massive dildo professionally. Unforunately it seems that the topic its is on a topic I actually havent read about. Reasons for this being not out of lazyness but because I was under the naive impression that EU law like the REST of my subjects was every two weeks, however it turned out to be every week, so whilst I missed one due to my lack of organisation skills ( see any Moot post to prove this) I also missed another because I was ill - or was that just "ill" in the sense that I was hungover?

So I thoroughly have no idea what the EU essay is on, and it pains me to even look at the two choices we have for the paper due in on Thursday. Unfortunately I also have all my seminars this week, Tort, Criminology, Eu and the subject that the devil would find most confusing Equity&Trusts.

Now seeming as we are supposed to spend 20 hours of preparation for each seminar how many hours do I now need the week extended to so I can fit in all my seminar preparation and do my Eu Law essay? I'm not a mathematican, so I cannot be bothered out of fear mainly to work it out.

With work normally what happens with students is everything is done the night before in a panic, the sort of panic that goes "AHHH why didn't I do this earlier?" "why can't i motivate myself to work harder during the day"

One of my very first lectures in my first year we had a lecturer that said "we want you to work 9-5 mon-fri and then you can have the evenings and weekends off" if only I had really listened then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like the thought that work is the expression of ourselves. I am now reading the blog called 3 Things You Should Know About Modern which I think is very useful in some other ways..