Thursday 14 February 2008

Potentially Hazardous

Stupidly last night I did something that MAY ruin my legal career, (if I were ever to get a 2:1 which is very doubtful) One was caught on a bus without paying ones bus fare. Silly me I know. I do usually pay, (yeh yeh that's what all the criminals say) I was embarrassed and also lost a bit of my dignity (apparently it goes away so says my mate that has been caught several times and always gives a fake address) Whilst my other mate just got a £20 in the form of a ticket/receipt I was told that the great TFL may write to me, and it would be best to reply to them sooner rather than later otherwise I could end up with a courts summons.

So yes I admitted my wrongm however I have paid to get on bendy buses aka "free buses" when there has been no space, people are practically having sex infront of me, there are gangs surrounding me that want to steal my phone(and I've had it stolen). I have been there when people are smoking spliffs(spiffy, doobie) quite openly, having fights, also smoking fags, pull the emergency door opening handle because they want to get off there and then for some reason.

So yes I got caught without paying and perhaps I am trying to think up of countless arguements much like an appellant who is trying to defend against some strict liability offence. But come on!!
If you have ever got a bendy bus in London you know what I mean, and you probably haven't paid either sometimes.

So here is to awaiting the great TFL (travel fucked london) to write to me, as to what is my fate, if they write to me at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi LLLS,

I don't think fare evasion will F**K up your career in Law in the slightest - much like speeding, I'd guess pretty nearly everybody has done it while living in London.
However if the authorities do decide to you counter them and soothe them with a bit of a grovelling apopolgy and an indication that you are fully reformed. DV, it may then all end up as a bit of a storm in a teacup!