Saturday 30 May 2009

Psyched Out

I had my moot today.. needless to say we didn't win.
I am not so annoyed about not winning but the behaviour of the individual that did win.
I am nevertheless comforted by being reminded that you do not have to be an arrogant, tosser to succeed in life. The best people at the Bar as I am told are the ones who are nice and actually get on with people.

You do not have to be a fat head to succeed.
The best pupillage advice I have acquired so far, is learn when not to talk, don't piss people off because that's another vote against you at tenancy.

I am also slightly disappointed in the behaviour of the hosting moot team, in particular the timer of the moot who had no problem letting her hosting team continue once they had ran out of time, but began to furiously shake the piece of paper once I was seconds over mine.

This all seems quite bitter.
But now I know I have quite possibly met the most arrogant aspirant barrister yet.
I hope that when it comes to Bar School and Pupillage, that these people fall flat on their asses.
You don''t have to be mean, rude or arrogant to be successful.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Android said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't win, Lost :( And like you said yourself, it's worse when the winner didn't deserve it! Grrr!

Some good advice there...

Minx said...

Sorry to hear you didnt win, Lost. I wish i could tell you that your encounter with absolute ar*ehole is not typical, but you may have to brace yourself for many times many encounters of the same or smiliar nature on the BVC........

Lost said...

Hey Andro,

I think the winner was a very good mooter, better than myself, just was an asshole!

My partner on the other hand was the best mooter and was absolutely spectacular, I feel as if I let him down a little bit.

Minx

I can imagine there are lots of asshole BVC students! Ah!