Saturday 16 May 2009

Broken Piece of Sh*t!!!


Eurgh,

The story goes that I dropped my laptop over a month ago and completely smashed the screen.
I was not happy and I spent the whole day panicking.

Luckily someone gave me their desktop screen and that worked as a replacement.
Now that desktop screen has decided to fuck up and NOT SWITCH ON, or display what my laptop is trying to project. It made this squeaking noise every time I tried to turn it on, but normally after 5-10 goes it would light up and work.

Today it decided not to work, after two hours of trying to make it work it didn't, so I had to have an emergency visit to PC shit world, and get a new monitor, the only ones available were WIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEESCCCCCCCCREEEEEEEEEEEEN ones that make me feel ill!!

Now not only have I got a screen that makes me feel like I want to vomit, but also one of the pixels on the screen doesn't work!!!

EURGH, I am going to return it after my exams next week and hopefully I'll scrap enough money together to get a laptop, then I'll return it saying it makes me want to vom and the pixel doesn't work!

GARH.

8 comments:

Android said...

What's wrong with widescreen? :O

Odysseus said...

All the words become too long, and suddenly that much harder to deal with.

That, or he is a Luddite.

Michael said...

Many monitor manufacturers have a 'dead pixel policy' by which they grant themselves a safety margin and only deem it faulty if it has a greater number of dead pixels. Seeing as your dealing with a retailer, though, you should be ok with taking it back. They'll probably sell it on as a 'refurb'.

Andy Stone said...

I'm no fan of the so-called 'wide-screens' either, mostly because they aren't really wide, are they? They're short-screens. I have one, and can say for sure that it's no wider than any of the traditionally shaped ones, they've just lopped a bit off the top. It's a marketing con - give you a substantially shorter screen of the same width, and call it 'wide-screen'. Bastards.

Android said...

Lost, have you tried changing your screen resolution?

Lost said...

Andro, i think its something about the output of my laptop the screens connected to, it only really projects what would be shown on my laptop so there is a lot of black space round the edges...

Gah can't do anything about it! Can't wait to get a new laptop though!

ButtonFan said...

Having had experience of working for a PC World connected company (unfortunately) I think you'll have trouble taking it back. Their policy is that it needs at least 5 dead pixels beofre it is considered faulty and they won't care that it makes you feel ill. A lady had an issue with earphones that gave her a rash and they wouldn't take them back! You just have to hope that you get an idiot sales guy (should't be too much of a problem) and hope for the best!

Lost said...

I think s 14 Sale of Goods Act will have something to say about this!