Monday 8 December 2008

Last week of term!


Last week of term and only 3 tutorials to prepare for, one moot and two essays.
I can see that this will be a productive week or perhaps only so on the mooting front as I am determined to win!

I am not at all daunted by mooting in front of one of my favourite teachers who happens to be an advocacy trainer at one of the Inn's of court.. no no no, I shall persevere and perspire much like last time.
"Mr Lost you should restrain yourself from touching your face with your hands"
"Yes your Lordship I am much obliged, it's just that my face is pissing with sweat and clouding my glasses" The moot this time is on murder of a baby, who was removed from life support, all Re A and Bland stuff I imagine (I am still waiting for Smith and Hogan to become available from the Library no other textbook will do!)

I'm then off for my three weeks of GLORIOUS Yuletide festivities. One week being spent at a Band 3: Solicitors firm the other two trying to CLEANSE myself of the dirty solicitors that I spent my company with and the other two weeks will be spent trying to catch up on the whole of my first term, eating lots and passing out in pubs. I'm not entirely sure which activity will take prime importance but I do see a distinct possibility of one of them being more enjoyable than the other.

I am slightly excited about Christmas, only really in terms of the great BEAST of a feast that is Christmas Dinner, I don't care much about presents I am always to poor to give anyone any, and for the past two years I have wanted nothing but a helping hand in reducing my overdraft!

1 comment:

Minx said...

May I offer you my HEARTY congratulations upon the occiasion of your moot TRIUMPH!! :)

Sounds too as if you have a wonderfully HEDONISTIC Christmas set up for yourself! I tip my hat to you, sir!! :)