Sunday 7 December 2008

30 to 1.

Watching the Barristers Episode 4 has made me realise that cunts do exist.

Take
2 Dr Johnson’s Buildings for example. After the Head of Chambers says "Oh we can take on about two tenants" and then chambers goes on to take four. Then they all get informed that they have tenancy. Oh tenancy, that's nice bit of security now they can just get on with working 14 hours a day and sucking solicitors asshole's for work.

However the "agreement" is subject to ratification? Is it? It seems that some very poor tenants decided that they would pick on Kakoly. She was summoned again to a 30 against 1 interview. We are informed that a "few" members of chambers grilled her, and were "impressed" with her advocacy.

Now I wonder why the BEEB wasn't allowed to film this?

I would rather cut off my own hand than stay in a chambers where you know that certain people don't want you there.

Kakoly performed extremly well in my opinion, not only dealing with her first crown court appearance agaisnt someone very senior than herself, but also dealing with being reinterviewed for tenancy, was polite about it all and didn't really show how upset she was. Good for her! I do however think she should change chambers.

3 comments:

barboy said...

It may have been her fellow juniors who objected to her tenancy but you have to wonder about the head of chambers etc., who seemingly offered more tenancies than chambers could sensibly accommodate. With decent crim work being short on the ground, I have some sympathy with the objectors, many of whom are unlikely to be earning much and have shedloads of student debt to service. I have no sympathy for the senior members of chambers, who made themselves look like incompetent arses.

Kakoly was the real star. Let's hope she gets an offer of an alternative tenancy from a proper chambers, and sticks two fingers up to her charming co-tenants.

Android said...

I doubt that she wanted to go through the pupillage application, interview and tenancy interview process again! Plus I assume that having a tenancy does bring with it some financial improvement - I bet she was fed up of surviving on £10k in London!

I do hope that she leaves them after a couple of years though...

Minx said...

EEEE! The Barristers! Speak NOT to me of such an odious programme!!!!!