Monday 23 June 2008

Results (Fuck off)

Warning: . Contains some strong language and lots of venting.


I am incredibly pissed off with one particular result. Seeming as I thought put the same effort into all the papers, and for some reason some fucking dick head can't do it so I'll teach it lecturer decided to give me one mark away from a pass, which means I have to resit the stupid ridiculous EU paper, that I actually and quite arrogantly don't believe that I didn't pass. All I can say is that the EU lecturers are wankers as are the external examiners, who according to my personal tutor would have had to think about my discretional pass really hard? I still think they got someonelse's papers.

In addition to my fucking disgust and self loathing, I can't retake my Tort paper, I just got over a pass, I don't understand how the exam board could be so fucking thick, the doctor wrote a note saying I shouldn't have been in the exam as I was too ill to attend, I couldn't breathe for fucks sake, yet I have no chance of resitting the paper. So what I should have done is not gone at all, and done it in August.

Some good news - Admin, Criminology and Equity were all 2:1s. So I only and luckily have to resit the bullshit paper that was EU. Really quite angry about it. I don't particularly want to resit it, and I have had to spend the whole day in the pub with people who all managed to do well, and for some reason incompetent me can't seem to pass the fucking EU paper.

Moreover to my unhappiness, my flat mate has four friends staying in my tiny maisonette, and they are hogging my fucking living room and the entire fucking downstairs which leaves me trapped in my room, as I don't feel comfortable around them, I don't want to sit down and have a chat to them, I just want them out of my f'ing house.

Today has not been the best of days.

11 comments:

Android said...

I really feel for you, LLLS. I hope this hasn't spoiled your summer

Lost said...

Thanks Andro.. I feel that potentially this is the most explicit thing I have ever posted. It has its good points and bad points, I never expected to fail anything, but then I didn't expect to get 3, 2:1s.

Just a bit disappointed in myself, and don't know where I've gone wrong.

It really hasnt spoiled my summer though lol I'll just spend two weeks redoing EU. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didnt get through EU which, to be honest, is like marmite -you either love or hate it. I think if you hate it its tougher to revise because it just seems so utterly bloody jobsworth as a subject-but at least you now know your enemy so to speak; I cant imagine that the resit paper would be vastly different from the original, so I would expect you to be totally fine this next time around.
Will the school give you some feedback on the exam or do you have to wait for the new academic year before that happens?!
Either way, you have my sympathies -mere mention of Direct Effect, or Measures Equivalent to a Quantitative Restriction still give me a nervous tick.....!

Swiss Tony said...

LLS, I failed an assignment which I will have to redo in the next few weeks. I think it is a kick up the backside.

If you think you did alright, and they marked someone elses paper, I wonder if maybe you need to do a bit more than the two weeks revision as you are maybe way off the mark? (Said in a friendly way of course!)

What annoys me with the resit, is however well you do, you only get a 40% pass. And it really sucks that they didn't bump your mark up just a tad to give a pass. (I got 36% for Equity & Trusts)

But its all good for the soul.

Hang in there mate, you will do it.

swizz

Swiss Tony said...

LLS, one other thing, where did you find that photo of my dad that you used?

Swizz

Lost said...

Hey Law Minx - yes I can't imagine either that the paper would be vastly different, all the papers are the same, I may email my seminar tutor and ask for advice do essays or something.

Swiss - I genuinely thought I did the same work for everything, so it was a bit of a shock! I don't think I'll need more than two weeks to redo EU Law!! I only had 5 days per subject when it came to revision anyway, and seemed to work for the others. I just f'ing hate EU Law now.

As to the photo of your dad.. perhaps we are siblings?

Swiss Tony said...

LLS, siblings? Is that really you Tarquin?

I had a real downer on E&T, and hated it, but read some very simple and easy to follow stuff in a book, which opened it all up, I finally understood it, and even, dare I say, loved it!

For EU, I felt that I was a bit of an expert on Competition, Enforcement and Judicial Review. If you want a copy of my revision sheets I would be happy to send them. Indirect/direct effect baloney, no chance. Not never no way. (I haven't got my results yet, so I could be just an expert in my own mind)

Swizz

Mr Pineapples said...

come again? who did you say were wankers?

Lost said...

possibly everyone Mr P. where have you been in my life? I need your constant abuse to make me more determined :)

Swiss tony if you are still there revision sheets would be most helpful!

Swiss Tony said...

LLLS, if you can give me an email addy, I will send everything I have.

Swizz

Lost said...

lostlondonlawstudent@gmail.com :)

Ta Swiss

P.s I've just stuck to the name Lost, bit easie then LLLS